4 Diet Tips for Healthy Weight Loss

If done correctly, dieting doesn’t have to be about deprivation.  Dr. Joel Fuhrman, a weight loss specialist and author of the revolutionary diet book, Eat to Live, offers a simple calculation for healthy eating: Health= Nutrients/Calories.

Wondering how to choose wisely? Here are four ways to introduce nutrient-rich food.

1. Rethink Salad Dressing. Dr. Fuhrman explains that the fat we eat goes directly to our waistlines–and that includes the “healthy” fat in olive oil-based salad dressings. However, a salad dressing that is high in fiber and nutrients will be more filling and prevent fat storage.

YouTube Preview Image

2. Reduce Fruit Juice. Even though the sugar in juices are natural, juice is lower in fiber than fruit and less nutrient-filled. Instead of drinking juice, Dr. Fuhrman recommends using it in small portions to flavor dressings and sauces.

3. Go Raw. Some nutritionists say that vegetables must be cooked and prepared with some fat in order for nutrients to be absorbed. Dr. Fuhrman explains that this isn’t true. He recommends eating four whole fruits and several large, raw salads every day. Not only do raw vegetables help prevent cancer, but they also contain enzymes that prevent digestive diseases. Start thinking of salad as a main dish.

YouTube Preview Image

4. Follow the 90 percent rule. Many diets emphasize the importance of lean meats that are high in protein. But Dr. Fuhrman notes that plant foods have more protein than we think. Dr. Fuhrman recommends that only 10 percent of what you eat is a processed food or animal product. If the other 90 percent is coming from unrefined plant foods, you can eat as much as you want without fear of disease or obesity. Ready to Eat to Live? Dr. Fuhrman’s Vook has videos, recipes and more guidelines to help you lose weight fast–and live longer.

Share this post:
  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Tumblr
  • TwitThis
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • FriendFeed
  • E-mail this story to a friend!
  • Fark
  • Kirtsy
  • Slashdot

Related posts:

  1. Shape Up for the Holidays
  2. Start Losing Weight in Under Two Minutes
  3. Actions Speak Louder Than Words
  5. Check Out Our New Look and Feel with Our Latest Titles

Have Your Say »

(will not be published)

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

pageTracker._initData(); pageTracker._trackPageview(); } catch(err) {}