An ebook makes learning a foreign language easy (and fun) in The Lazy Bastard Guide to Mandarin: An Abridged Corpus of Axioms, Vocabulary and Purported Meanings. Loosely satirizing the context and structure of a pocket-sized phrase book, author Christian Adams teaches Mandarin for the modern age, providing no-nonsense definitions, must-knows, and street slang. But Christian also brings language instruction to the modern age, leveraging the best of ebook capabilities to publish a comprehensive guide just as effective (and more convenient) than a print book, including:
- Tip boxes like "Taxi Cab Mandarin"
- Photographs, such as the hand-signal numeric system displayed below
- Thoughtful spacing and indentations to make large paragraphs of text manageable
- Streamlined headlines and subheadlines to break up vocabulary categories
- Lists and charts to keep everything organized
We also couldn't help but notice the ebook's striking cover, which is sure to stand out on those crowded e-retailer displays on any screen.comments powered by Disqus